Server virtualisation offers numerous cost, speed and scalability benefits within the data centre but changing network architectures associated with these virtualised environments open up new security weak points which need to be addressed.
The Juniper vSRX virtual firewall addresses these issues, extending the proven capabilities of the SRX Series Services Gateway to keep pace with the new threats related to virtualised and cloud environments while matching their agility and scalability.
Carrier-grade, integrated virtual firewall for the world’s most demanding networks
Designed for enterprises and service providers, the vSRX virtual firewall delivers core firewall, robust networking, advanced security services, and automated lifecycle management capabilities in a virtual machine. The vSRX gives you the power and control to deploy scalable firewall protection in highly dynamic environments.
Offering advanced and scalable security against the broadest spectrum of threats for data centres of any size, the integrated solution includes a core firewall, robust networking and advanced security at layers 4-7, as well as automated lifecycle management capabilities.
- Advanced and scalable security at layers 4-7 for highly dynamic and scalable virtualised and cloud-based environments.
- Unified threat management provides protection against malware, viruses, phishing attacks, intrusions, spam and other threats with best-in-class antivirus, antispam, web filtering, and content filtering features.
- Intrusion prevention system controls access to the network to protect against attack
- Application visibility with AppSecure 2.0 means applications can be closely monitored and controlled.
- Simple configuration uses zones and policies to segment traffic while snapshots and cloning can be used to streamline maintenance and operational tasks.
- Performance is maintained to the same high standard as virtualised or cloud-based environments continue to scale up
- Unified management through integration with the Junos Space Virtual Director and the Junos Space Security Director allows for improved policy configuration, management and visibility across both physical and virtual environments from a common, centralised platform.
- Integration with Contrail, OpenContrail and third-party SDN solution allows for SDN and NFV support
Download the DatasheetDownload
Data centers increasingly rely on server virtualization to deliver services faster and more efficiently than ever before. The vSRX Services Gateway (formerly known as Firefly Perimeter) delivers a complete virtual firewall solution.