Virtualisation brings with it a new requirement for storage but VMware vSAN has risen to the challenge, delivering an enterprise-ready, shared storage solution. Working seamlessly with all vSphere components, and managed through the vSphere web client, vSAN is perfectly optimised for virtualised environments.
- High performing
Built on an optimised I/O path, embedded within the hypervisor, vSAN automatically balances resources and adjusts to continuous changes in workload conditions to achieve the highest levels of performance and availability without draining compute or memory resources.
The system can be architected as a hybrid or all-flash storage solution and both capacity and performance can be scaled out by adding a new host to the cluster or scaled up by merely adding new drives to existing hosts.
vSAN is remarkably simple. Storage policies can be created, modified and assigned to VMs with just a few clicks and vSAN will automatically apply them.
Radically simple, exceptionally high performing and highly scalable, vSAN is the perfect match for virtual desktops, remote IT and business critical applications.
- All flash architecture with SSD data persistence for high performance and low latency
- Stretched clusters to synchronously replicate data between two data centres
- Virtual SAN Management Pack for vRealize Operations to reduce troubleshooting and monitoring time
- Health check plugin to further enhance the management capabilities of vRealize Operations
- Single pane of glass management with vSphere for easy provisioning and management
- VM-centric policy-based control and automation
- Self-tuning to automatically rebuild storage and align with the storage service levels assigned to each virtual machine in the cluster
- Built-in failure tolerance to protect data in the event of disk, host, network or rack failures
- Interoperability with the VMware stack
- Unique architecture built within the hypervisor to provide the shortest I/O data path and optimise performance with the least impact on CPU and memory
- Server-side caching to improve performance and minimise storage latency